Environmental complaints can be reported 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to 954-519-1499 or online (Online Complaint Form). Our regular business hours are from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. For non-environmental concerns, please call the Broward County Call Center at 954-831-4000 during regular business hours.
Please be advised that the State of Florida has a broad public records law and all information received is considered public information. If requested, all information may be subject to public disclosure.
If you are calling 954-519-1499 after regular business hours please leave a message with your name, phone number, and a brief description of the concern. An on-call staff member will be paged and will call you as soon as possible. If the concern is considered to be an emergency, please call 911 and then 954-519-1499 immediately.
Please have the following information available before you call the complaint line:
- Your name, address, work and home telephone number (optional)
- The nature of the complaint, (see examples)
- When did the violation occur? (Date and Time)
- Where did the violation occur? Include address, city and zip code (if known)
- Who is the company or person committing this act?
- Please provide any additional descriptions or background information that will enable the Response Personnel to better understand the situation
We would prefer that you leave your name and phone number so we can contact you if additional information is needed. However, we do accept complaints anonymously. If you wish to remain anonymous please be as detailed as possible when describing the environmental concern.
Online Complaint Form
See Examples of Concerns