February 24, 2012
1. Part of the team visited Florida Solar Energy Center’s (FSEC) offices in Cocoa Beach. Besides learning about the breadth and depth of FSEC’s activities related to solar energy, the team members left with a better understanding of FSEC’s ability to provide practical assistance in the development of a permitting solution.
2. Another building official meeting is being planned, hopefully for next week, to continue to work toward consensus of the permitting solution.
3. Subcommittee leaders are working on developing plans for the subcommittee to accomplish their related tasks. These plans will be folded into a master work plan, a first draft of which will (tentatively) be available by the next status update.
4. The Outreach committee is currently working on finalizing a first draft of the outreach plan.
- Department of Energy webinar entitled Rooftop Solar Challenge Kickoff Event is scheduled for 2/29/12 from 1:00 – 3:00 P.M. Click here to register for the Event.
- If you are interested in joining one of the subcommittee’s please call the associated committee chair (see organization chart).
Jeffery Halsey, Director
Broward County Pollution Prevention, Remediation and Air Quality Division
Participating Partners: City of Coconut Creek, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale, Hillsboro Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, and Florida Power & Light