How to Apply
- Review program terms and conditions. See www.energystar.gov for list of eligible Energy Star refrigerator and clothes washer models.
- Purchase an eligible ENERGY STAR refrigerator or clothes washer
on/after December 17, 2011. Online purchases are excluded and will not qualify for a rebate.
- Recycle/Dispose the old appliance according to federal/state/local laws and regulations; make sure the old appliance is not resold, donated or put back into service.
- Complete a free Florida Power & Light (FPL) Business Energy Evaluation or call
1-877-748-4233 to schedule an evaluation with a FPL representative. You may need to register with FPL for online access.
- Complete the application form and gather the required documentation to include in your application packet. Application packets must include:
-Complete, Dated, and Signed Application (please do not submit pages 3 and 4)
-Original Purchase Receipt (photocopies will not be accepted)
-Photocopy of most recent FPL utility bill (The business name and address must match the application)
-FPL Business Energy Evaluation page showing the business address (completed after August 1, 2011)
- Mail the application packet to:
Natural Resources and Planning Management Division
ATTN: Broward County Appliance Rebate Program
115. S. Andrews Avenue, Suite 329H
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
The application packet must be postmarked no later than April 2, 2012. Rebate funds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the order in which we receive completed application packets. Please allow 8-12 weeks after April 2, 2012 for delivery of your rebate check.