How To Apply
- Review Program Terms and Conditions.
- Purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR residential refrigerator or washing machine on/after December 17, 2011 from a retailer. Check product eligibility at www.energystar.gov. Online purchases are excluded and will not qualify for a rebate.
- Recycle/Dispose the old appliance according to federal/state/local laws and regulations. Ensure the old appliance is not resold, donated or put back into service.
- Complete and print a free Florida Power & Light (FPL) Home Energy Survey. You may need to register with FPL for online access.
- Complete an Energy Sense Residential Rebate Application Form and gather required documentation to include in your application packet. Aplication packets must include:
-Complete, Dated, and Signed Application (please do not submit 3 and 4)
-Original Purchase Receipt (photocopies will not be accepted)
-Legible photocopy of State of Florida ID (The name and address must match the application)
-First page of the completed FPL Home Energy Survey showing applicant's address (completed after August 1, 2011)
- Mail the application packet to:
Natural Resources and Planning Management Division
ATTN: Broward County Appliance Rebate Program
115. S. Andrews Avenue, Suite 329H
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
The application packet must be postmarked no later than March 16, 2012. Rebate funds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the order in which completed application packets are received. Please allow 8-12 weeks after March 16, 2012 for delivery of your rebate check.