The Third Annual Go SOLAR & Renewable Energy Fest organizers are offering Continuing Education Units (CEUs) as a way to attract more attendees to our event.
Five different training courses are being offered for FREE. Three of them will provide CEUs.
1. Florida Residential Energy Code Compliance Methods, Tools and Verification will be held on Friday, October 9 from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm in Hall B, Room 113.
This class will provide 4 CEUs to any of these Professional Boards:
- Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB)
- Building Code Administrators and Inspectors (BCAI)
- Board of Landscape Architects (BOLA)
- Electrical Contractors Licensing Board (ELCB)
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers (FBPE)
2. LEED V4: A Comparison of Changes will be held on Friday, October 9 from 10:00 am until noon in Hall B, Room 114. This class will provide 2 CEUs for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) professionals.
3. 200 LEED Projects: Lessons Learned will be held on Friday, October 9 from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm in Hall B, Room 114. This class will provide 2 CEUs for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) professionals.
Attendance for these courses is free, but all attendees must pre-register by completing the forms below:
To sign up for Florida Residential Energy Code Compliance Methods, Tools and Verification, complete the BASF form.
To sign up for the either LEED course, complete the LEED form.
4. A fourth class, Solar Rights, will also be offered on Saturday, October 10 from 11:00 am until noon in Hall B, Room 114. This workshop is designed to educate Residents, Building Officials, Contractors, and Community Association Managers about solar access and their legal right to install rooftop solar systems.
5. A fifth option, an Overview and Demonstration of the Solar Plans Designer, will be offered on Friday, October 9 from 12:30 until 1 pm by Stephen Barkaszi from the Florida Solar Energy Center in Hall B, Room 113. The Solar Plans Designer is a new way to issue solar PV permits in the state of Florida. This project is a key deliverable of the Go SOLAR Florida grant project which is funded by the US Department of Energy to reduce soft costs of solar permitting. While not complete, considerable progress has been made to automate, standardize and centralize the creation of pre-approved electrical and structural designs which can then be submitted to the appropriate jurisdictions for permitting.
Pre-registration for this class is not required. For more information, contact Colleen Kettles at the FSEC at email@example.com
For additional information, please contact Kay Sommers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renew a Pet’s Life at the Third Annual Go Solar Fest!
- Renew a Life…Adopt a Pet at the Go Solar Fest -
This year, visitors to the Third Annual Go Solar Renewable Energy Fest will not only be able to learn about renewable energy, but will also be able to also renew the life of a pet in need by adopting a dog or cat while visiting the popular event.
Broward County Animal Care will be joining the special Go Solar Fest by offering lovable dogs and cuddly cats for adoption on Saturday October 10, from 10AM to 4PM, at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale.
All adoptions will include spaying/neutering; all necessary vaccinations; Broward County Pet Registration tag, a microchip and for the first fifteen adoptions, a free LED-Lighted USB/Solar Rechargeable Dog Collar.
Why People Should Attend and Businesses Should Exhibit at the Third Annual Go SOLAR & Renewable Energy Fest
By: Danielle Hegedus writer for Modernize
Take advantage of a rewarding and FREE event and make plans to visit the Third Annual Go SOLAR and Renewable Energy Fest held at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale on October 9-10, 2015. Here, homeowners can check out the latest in renewable energy technology that can dramatically lower utility bills and decrease your environmental footprint. This year’s event will also feature experts on thermal, geothermal, wind, and energy efficiency. This is also a great opportunity to speak directly with eco-friendly businesses and environmental experts to learn about the latest trends in renewable energy. Last year’s event had more that 65 local, national, and international renewable energy exhibitors, 42 esteemed speakers, and over 1,700 attendees. Due to popular demand, this year will feature even more exhibitors. More...
The Third Annual Go Solar and Renewable Energy Fest
FREE two-day event - October 9-10, 2015