Week of January 9, 2012
Reminder: Any SunShot questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the SunShot ombudsperson, Mr. Dennis Pustizzi at 954-765-4400, x9367.
1. Information from all participating partners required for the 12/21/11 DOE information request and due on 1/13/12 has been received and entered into DOE’s information system.
2. Broward County has yet to receive a draft of the DOE contract. The goal for contract execution is still early February 2012.
3. A Stakeholders’ Kick-off Meeting will not be scheduled until a draft contract has been received. Likely, the meeting will be scheduled the week of 1/23 or 1/30.
4. Building officials of participating partner cities met on 1/10/12 and agreed in concept to a single permit fee for the permitting application currently under development.
5. Committee chairs are beginning to receive requests for participation within the committees.
6. A stakeholder website is still scheduled to go live the week of 1/24.
A FINAL IMPORTANT NOTE
If you are interested in serving on one of the SunShot Grant committees, please contact the Team Leader of that committee. If interested, you are strongly encouraged to participate to help effect one of the key goals of the grant – inter-jurisdictional coordination.
Jeffery Halsey, Director
Broward County Pollution Prevention, Remediation and Air Quality Division
Participating Partners: City of Coconut Creek, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale, Hillsboro Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, and Florida Power & Light