- The DOE national kick-off webinar was conducted on 2-29-12.
- Based on DOE requirements, Broward Sunshot will be rebranded to Broward Rooftop Solar Challenge. Rebranding will occur after written guidelines are received from DOE.
- A second building officials meeting was conducted on 3-1-12. Decisions reached on standard permitting fee, reinspection fee, contractor approval, and monthly status meetings for building officials (to be held the 4th Thursday of each month). The first two decisions will be captured in a series of interlocal agreements being prepared by Broward County.
- A Broward electrical engineer has joined the team to develop electrical schematics for the permitting system.
- The five mounting system plans received as a result of the request for information are being reviewed and evaluated internally.
- A project work plan has been completed. The work plan, updated weekly, will be available on the Website by next week.
- The Planning and Zoning Committee is beginning to meet next week on 3/7. Participating partner cities can expect to hear from representatives of that committee.
- Plans for a local kickoff meeting are currently under consideration.
Jeffery Halsey, Director
Broward County Pollution Prevention, Remediation and Air Quality Division
Participating Partners: City of Coconut Creek, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale, Hillsboro Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, and Florida Power & Light