The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program is administered by the Housing Finance Authority of Broward County to help make ownership of new and existing homes more affordable for individuals and families of low and moderate income, especially first-time buyers. Participating lenders will assist qualified individuals with the purchase of these homes.
- Lender offers the potential homebuyer the benefit of a tax credit.
- The lender can use its standard mortgage products in conjunction with the credit.
- Lender can charge customary fees.
- Lender maintains its servicing rights to the loan.
- MCC product may increase the number of loans produced by the lender.
To participate in the program, lenders must be approved by the Housing Finance Authority and complete the following:
When submitting the signed Mortgage Credit Certificate Program Agreement, the lender must clearly list the following:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Contact person for your organization.
Flyers are available for promotional use to participating lenders who have met the Housing Finance Authority of Broward County's program requirements.
For more information, contact the Housing Finance Authority at 954-357-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the Lender Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)