2005 CDBG/DRI Replacement Housing Program
The homes will be sold to first time homebuyers at prices in the $140,000 to $155,000 range, depending on the model and recent appraisal. Eligible homebuyers may qualify for down payment assistance. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first qualified, first-served basis (one application per person) beginning on September 3, 2013, at 8:30 a.m.
- Application form (completed)
- Lot/Home selection order form (completed)
- First-time Homebuyer Education Certificate
- Pre-approval letter from a lender or Pre-qualification letter from a lender (this letter must document that the lender has reviewed credit and income)
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- First time homebuyer
(has not owned a home as a primary residence in 3 years)
- Income eligible or 80% or below the AMI
(e.g. $54,500 for a family of four)
- Minimum of 3% Down Payment
- Able to secure first mortgage in an amount sufficient to purchase with up to $20,000 first-time homebuyer's assistance. Additional assistance may be available
- Enter into a Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement
- Broward County will provide a list of the County’s participating lenders; however, the applicant may use any lender of their choice as long as they abide by the Broward County program underwriting guidelines.
- Only Applicants with 4 or more household members can apply for the 4 bedroom 2 bathroom models.
- Only Applicants that can provide documented proof of a wheelchair bound disability will be allowed to apply for the Accessibility model.