SUMMARY : Under close to general supervision, performs a variety of park maintenance and/or program implementation activities at assigned facility or facilities.
· Cleans offices, break rooms, restrooms, recreation centers/halls, pavilions, tables/chairs, and related facilities in order to provide a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for work/recreation.
· Maintains a variety of park/landscape areas in order to ensure that grounds and landscape areas are presentable, clean, and safe.
· Performs a variety of facility maintenance work in order to ensure a clean, safe, sanitary environment for the public and County employees.
· Sets up and takes down temporary facilities for meetings and special activities/events in order to provide a safe, comfortable location for special events/activities.
· Interacts with the public and/or other County employees in order to give directions/information, explain work activities/procedures, identify their service needs, and/or resolve day-to-day operational issues.
· Picks up/delivers a variety of items to appropriate locations in order to ensure supplies/materials are available where/when needed and/or delivers mail.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of established safety procedures for operating a variety of general building maintenance tools and equipment.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work outdoors in a variety of temperature/weather conditions.
· Ability to perform a variety of routine landscape/building maintenance work.
· Ability to learn to perform a variety of work activities associated with general landscape/building maintenance work.
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and/or climb to complete assigned work activities.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County = s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies .
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of safety procedures for using a variety of chemicals, including cleaning products, fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides.
· Knowledge of basic building maintenance procedures.
· Knowledge of techniques for performing a variety of general facilities maintenance work.
· Ability to explain work policies/procedures to other workers.
· Ability to operate a variety of tools/equipment associated with performing a variety of general maintenance work.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE : Successful completion of job related tests. Six (6) months of landscape and/or facilities maintenance work desired.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT : Possession of a valid Florida driver's license.
Bargaining Unit: Blue Collar
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 09/1982 R 05/2012