SUMMARY : Under general supervision, prepares/sells food and/or snacks and/or rents a variety of recreation-oriented equipment at an assigned park or facility.
· Interacts with public, County staff, or vendors in order to obtain goods/services, assist them in using Department services, equipment, programs, and/or facilities, collect fees, answer questions, identify their service needs or locate missing materials.
· Processes money received in order to account for park user fees.
· Prepares a variety of food/snacks in order to fill customer orders for refreshments, ensure products sold meet established health/sanitation standards, and ensure that food/snacks look appetizing.
· Trains less experienced staff in the use of a variety of concession facility equipment and work activities in order to ensure that employees use the equipment properly and complete assignments correctly.
· Balances cash drawer in order to ensure money (bills, coins and checks) in drawer matches funds processed.
· Cleans concession facility and/or related equipment in order to ensure that concession facilities and food preparation equipment meets established health/sanitation standards/regulations, ensure that rental equipment is clean and safe, and ensure a safe working environment.
· Prepares a variety of contracts in order to regulate and document use of park facilities/equipment and establish fees to be collected.
· Maintains adequate amounts of a variety of supplies, materials and equipment in order to ensure availability of items needed for efficient operation.
· Issues rental equipment in order to generate revenue, provide recreation equipment for customer use, and control inventory of equipment.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job class.)
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division.
· Ability to count/tabulate coins and bills to determine cash totals and make change.
· Ability to read names, account numbers, amounts and related information on a variety of documents.
· Ability to operate a calculator to tabulate check totals, credit card transactions, gate head counts, etc.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job class, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of established customer service policies, procedures, and techniques.
· Knowledge of the chain of command in the assigned Department.
· Knowledge of Department polices and procedures for handling cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
· Ability to learn/perform a variety of work activities in assigned Department.
· Ability to read and understand data/information from a variety of computer spreadsheets, printouts, or related documents.
· Ability to understand, follow, and explain a variety of Department policies and procedures.
· Ability to identify errors in account numbers, dates, amounts or related information.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE : Successful completion of job related tests. One (1) year of concession or related work desired.
Bargaining Unit: Blue Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 08/1983 R 03/2012