SUMMARY : Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical human resources support work.
· Prepares a variety of correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and/or the public.
· Updates/maintains a variety of databases/spreadsheets in order to facilitate information recording, storage, and retrieval and/or to track activity/volume of work.
· Processes requests for Department materials/information received by phone, fax, email, or in person in order to provide requested materials/information.
· Maintains assigned portion of organization’s website in order to ensure the information available to the public is complete, accurate, and current.
· Retrieves information/summary reports from a variety of databases/ spreadsheets in order to facilitate data/trend analysis, and/or provide data/information to staff, County officials, and/or the public.
· Files a variety of correspondence, documents, requests received, and other forms/materials in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with Department/State records management, and Department operating policies and procedures.
· Interacts with public and/or County staff in order to assist them in using Department services, equipment, programs, and/or facilities, answer questions, identify their service needs or locate materials.
· Proofreads printouts, reports, vacancy announcements, or examinations in order to identify errors.
· Researches/gathers information relevant to the job assignment in order to determine applicable policies/procedures, obtain information to facilitate adopting/revising policies/procedures, identify customer needs, and/or compile data for reports.
· Composes/prepares a variety of correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and/or the public.
· Screens supervisor’s incoming/outgoing communications (mail, e-mail) in order to ensure timely response to requests.
· Gathers information relevant to the work assignment in order to facilitate updating/maintaining a variety of databases/files.
· Schedules a variety of meetings in order to facilitate intra-office communications and/or coordinate/facilitate staff interaction with the public.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE:
(Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of English spelling and grammar.
· Knowledge of procedures for operating various office equipment, including personal computers and transcription equipment.
· Knowledge of a variety of office software applications.
· Ability to operate a personal computer to prepare a variety of correspondence, notices, schedules, and related materials and/or record hearings using a variety of software applications.
· Ability to use a variety of office software applications, including browsers, word processing, database, spreadsheet, and/or presentation applications to prepare a variety of documents, forms, and/or related materials.
· Ability to compose letters, memos, and related documents covering a variety of routine work related topics.
· Ability to evaluate data/information and make decisions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Ability to prioritize work activities.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to identify errors in text, account numbers, dates, amounts or related information.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB:
(The Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of BrowardCounty human resources oriented policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of established policies and guidelines regarding confidentiality of information.
· Knowledge of established customer service policies, procedures, and techniques.
· Knowledge of procedures for compiling/preparing a variety of summary reports.
· Knowledge of general policies, procedures, and techniques for interacting with disruptive individuals.
· Knowledge of the general operating policies and procedures of the assigned agency.
· Knowledge of a variety of State/Federal laws impacting programs/services in assigned agency.
· Knowledge of established records retention guidelines, policies, and procedures.
· Ability to understand, follow, and explain a variety of County and agency policies and procedures.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of job related tests. Two (2) years full time clerical/secretarial support, technical human resource support, or closely related work desired.
Bargaining Unit: Unrepresented
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab/Revised: E 10/1976 R 03/2012