Under general supervision, performs a variety of activities associated with Value Adjustment Board (VAB) petition filing in the Finance and Administrative Services Department (FASD).
• Updates/maintains Axia database in order to facilitate information filing petitions, verifying, scheduling hearings before special magistrates and auditing Special Magistrate worksheets.
• Interacts with the public and/or Property Appraiser’s Office or County staff in order to assist them in using Department services, VAB software, equipment, collect fees, answer questions relating to the VAB process, identify their service needs or locate missing materials.
• Assists taxpayers in completing petitions.
• Processes petitions and mails hearing notices to petitioners.
• Balances cash drawer in order to ensure money (bills, coins and checks) in drawer matches funds processed.
• Scans documents in to VAB database in order to maintain computerized archive or filed petitions and facilitate data retrieval.
• Reviews scanned documents for quality control in order to ensure that scanned information is clearly readable, complete, and in proper sequence.
• Performs minor maintenance/repairs on a variety of office equipment, including scanners, copiers, computers, and related equipment.
• Resolves day-to-day operational problems with the public in order to facilitate effective operation of the unit.
• Audits Special Magistrate Worksheets.
• Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE: (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledge, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job class.)
§ Knowledge of procedures for operating various office equipment including personal computers.
§ Knowledge of established customer service policies, procedures, and techniques.
§ Knowledge of handling cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
§ Knowledge of English, spelling and grammar.
§ Ability to pay close attention to detail
§ Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. without assistance.
§ Ability to perform routine/minor maintenance/repairs on a variety of office and computer related equipment.
§ Ability to operate a calculator to tabulate check totals, credit card transactions, etc.
§ Ability to keyboard.
§ Ability to operate a personal computer to prepare a variety of correspondence, notices, and related materials using a variety of software/applications.
§ Ability to enter data accurately into computerized database.
§ Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division.
§ Ability to read names, petition and/or folio numbers, amounts and related information on petitions, Special Magistrate worksheets, checks and/or other documents, paying attention to details.
§ Ability in entering data with a less than 5% error rate
§ Ability to sort materials numerically.
§ Ability to handle a multi-line phone system.
§ Ability to explain/demonstrate procedures for performing a variety of work activities.
§ Ability to read and understand data/information from a variety of computer printouts or related documents.
§ Ability to proofread and identify errors in petition and/or folio numbers, dates, amounts or related information when processing a petition.
§ Ability to serve the public, the Property Appraisers Office, and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
§ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, Property Appraiser’s Office, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB:
(The following Knowledge, Abilities, and /or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at the time of hire.)
§ Knowledge of the general operating policies and procedures of the assigned Department.
§ Knowledge of types and locations of various materials and services within the assigned Department or facility.
§ Knowledge of Department policies and procedures for handling cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
§ Ability to explain/demonstrate procedures for performing a variety or work activities.
§ Ability to multi-task.
§ Ability to work with minimal supervision.
§ Ability to evaluate data/information and make decisions for performing a variety of work activities relating to the VAB.
§ Knowledge of procedures for all types of VAB petitions.
§ Knowledge of codes and abbreviations utilized in the VAB database.
§ Ability to understand, follow and explain a variety of Department policies and procedures.
§ Ability to assist as a Hearing Clerk during Special Magistrate hearings.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of job related tests. Two (2) years of general office support work desired.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Financial Disclosure Required
Class Spec. Estab/Revised E6/11 R4/12