SUMMARY : Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical supervisory and/or administrative support work.
· Develops/revises/implements policies/procedures for office/unit in order to facilitate efficient/effective unit operation, clarify operating policies/procedures for staff and ensure proper procedures are followed.
· Resolves a variety of problems/issues from staff and/or the public in order to maximize the efficiency/effectiveness of office operation and/or service provided.
· Evaluates employee performance in order to identify training needs, determine performance strengths and weaknesses, and to ensure the job is being done correctly.
· Reviews operating procedures in order to ensure compliance with Department policies/procedures, County ordinances, and State/Federal regulations.
· Interacts with the public, County staff/officials, media personnel, officials/staff from other governmental entities, or vendors in order to obtain goods/services, assist them in using Department services, equipment, programs, resources, and/or facilities, collect fees, answer questions, or identify their service needs.
· Instructs/trains County staff in a variety of policies/procedures/practices, and/or software/equipment use in order to ensure that employees complete assignments correctly/efficiently.
· Follows-up a variety of special assignments, projects, and related matters in order to ensure assignments, projects, etc. are completed in a timely manner and/or by established deadline.
· Reviews time cards, leave requests, and related documents in order to ensure employees are paid correctly and leave balances are accurate.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of the general principles and practices of employee supervision.
· Knowledge of general labor relations policies, procedures, and practices.
· Knowledge of procedures for compiling/preparing a variety of summary reports.
· Knowledge of English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Knowledge of procedures for operating various office equipment, including personal computers.
· Knowledge of standard formats used for a variety of correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, notices, schedules, and related materials.
· Ability to work effectively in high stress situations.
· Ability to operate a personal computer to prepare a variety of correspondence, notices, schedules, reports, and related materials using a variety of software/applications.
· Ability to prioritize work activities for self and/or subordinates.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to evaluate data/information and make decisions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Ability to use a variety of office software applications, including browsers, word processing, database, spreadsheet, and/or presentation applications to prepare a variety of documents, forms, and/or related materials.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of County/State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies impacting the assigned BrowardCounty governmental organization.
· Knowledge of the general operating policies and procedures of the assigned BrowardCounty government organization.
· Knowledge of BrowardCounty human resources oriented policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of established policies and guidelines regarding confidentiality of information.
· Knowledge of general policies, procedures, and techniques for interacting with disruptive individuals.
· Knowledge of the chain of command in the BrowardCounty government organization.
· Knowledge of established customer service policies, procedures, and techniques.
· Knowledge of employee on-the-job training procedures and techniques.
· Knowledge of types and locations of various materials and services within the assigned BrowardCounty government organization.
· Ability to understand, follow, and explain a variety of County/State/Federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE : Successful completion of job related tests. Four (4) years full time administrative support or closely related work, including six (6) months responsibility for coordinating/supervising the work of other staff desired.
Bargaining Unit: Government Supervisors Association (GSA) - S
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 10/1976 R 05/2012