During the Event
To ensure the comfort and safety of your animals, if you are remaining at home during an emergency, including a weather emergency, such as a hurricane, you should:
- Bring all pets indoors, if possible.
- Keep a supply of newspapers in the bathroom, utility room or enclosed garage for the pet's sanitary needs.
- Feed pets moist or canned food to preserve water.
- Keep pets near you, since the noise from a storm or other activity can be frightening to them.
- Never tranquilize your pet. They need their survival instincts.
Updated April 2013