After the Event
If you are getting no signal, or a weak signal:
- Examine dish alignment. If the dish has been misaligned, read the user manual and attempt to re-align it.
- See if a broken tree limb is lying in front of the dish. If so, remove the tree, or call a tree removal service.
- Check to see if cable connections are intact. The problem may be a disconnected cable.
- Try resetting the receiver by unplugging it for at least 30 seconds and plugging it back in, or by taking out the programming card and putting it back in.
- If all else fails, call your satellite TV provider and ask a customer service representative to guide you through basic troubleshooting.
- Request that the service provider send someone over for a free inspection. Or, call a professional satellite TV repair company that provides free quotes on repair work involved.
After the storm, do not handle any damaged solar electric modules. There may be high DC voltage that is extremely dangerous. Treat damaged solar modules like live utility wires. Contact your solar dealer for an inspection if any damage is observed to any equipment.
Updated March 2013