The Broward County Board of County Commissioners issued a proclamation recognizing May 2016 as Historic Preservation Month. The County’s proclamation encourages residents to familiarize themselves with sites of local historical significance and to also get involved with their advocacy and preservation.
Broward County Mayor Martin Kiar read and presented the proclamation to the Broward County Historic Preservation Board. The proclamation was sponsored by Commissioner Chip LaMarca who was congratulatory and supportive.
Historic Preservation Month is commemorated nationwide
by local, state and federal governments as well as by historic
preservation organizations; 2016's theme is “This Place Matters.”
Ceremony attendees included:
- Historic Preservation Board
- William Gallo, Chair
- Sheldon McCartney, Vice Chair
- Cynthia Strachan Saunders, Board Member
- Daniel Stallone, Board Member
Planning & Development Management Division
- Maribel Feliciano, Assistant Director
- Rick Ferrer, Historic Preservation Officer