The Housing Finance and Community Redevelopment Division offers Home Buyer Purchase Assistance to qualified home buyers. Assistance is in the form of a deferred payment second mortgage up to $40,000 (or up to $50,000 for Davie, Plantation, and Weston), 0% interest, 15 year term. Funds are available on a first come, first qualified, first served basis.
- Take a Homebuyer Education class from a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved counseling agency by visiting www.hud.gov or call 202-708-1112 (TTY 202-708-1455) if you do not have computer access.
- Up to $40,000 available (or up to $50,000 for Davie, Plantation, and Weston)
- Purchase Assistance is 3% of real estate contract sales price. One percent (1%) of the down payment funds must come from your own savings and cannot be borrowed or received as a gift.
- A comprehensive Home Inspection report is required.
- You may purchase an existing home or a new construction home
- You must owner occupy the home as your primary residence.
- Eligible properties include single family residences, condominiums, villas and town homes located within Broward County service areas. Mobile homes and cooperatives are not eligible.
- Obtain a first mortgage approval from a lender or you can select a lender from the Participating Lenders List and contact them directly. If you are a lender and require the County's underwriting guidelines, contact 954-357-4900.
The Housing Finance and Community Redevelopment Division is not responsible for the borrower's selection of lender and/or Homebuyer Education class, financing terms, actions or decisions made by lenders or counseling agencies. Lender decisions are final. Disclaimer:
- Eligible properties must be in one of the following areas:
- Homebuyer's gross annual household income must be certified by Broward County. Please review Income Chart for the household size maximum income limits.
The Broward County Income Category Chart is based on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Income Limits Documentation System. Gross annual household income may not exceed 80% of the area median income (AMI), except for Wilton Manors, which may not exceed 140% AMI.
Effective: April, 2018
Funds are limited and available on a first come, first qualified basis, when available.
PLEASE NOTE, if you plan on purchasing in any city not listed above, please contact that particular city directly to inquire about any program(s) they may offer for Purchase Assistance.
Earn tax credit for buying a home with the Mortgage Credit Certification Program