Housing Finance and Community Redevelopment Division's Home Owner Programs are designed for new home owners in Broward County.
Water/Sewer Conneciton Program
This Program provides a grant to eligible homeowners in the Broward County Municpal Service District (BMSD) and non-entitlement cities to be applied to the cost of connecting to a water supply and sewage discharge system.
Barrier Free/Special Needs Housing Program
Note: There is no funding at this time and the program has been suspended indefinitely.
This program provides eligible elderly (62 years or older) and/or disabled Broward County residents with a deferred payment loan for housing modifications and barrier removal to:
Residents living in Margate, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Sunrise, Coral Springs, Davie and Tamarac should contact their cities directly to register for the Barrier Free/Special Needs Housing Program.
- Improve elderly and disabled accessibility
- Provide for health and safety repairs allowing these residents to maintain their independence. Health and safety repairs may include repairs unrelated to accessibility and barrier removal.
- Coral Springs - Community Development 954-344-1114
- Margate - Community Redevelopment Agency 954-935-5323 or 954-972-6454
- Miramar – Housing Rehabilitation 954- 431-7866
- Pembroke Pines – Community Redevelopment Agency 954-431-7866
- Plantation – Community Redevelopment Agency 954-431-7866
- Sunrise – Planning & Development Department 954-746-3282
- Tamarac – Community Development 954-597-3538
- Town of Davie – Community Development 954-797-1857
Home Repair Program
Program provides a ten (10) year deferred payment loan for repairing and maintaining owner-occupied housing to correct code violations, prevent further deterioration, stop the loss of energy and infiltration of outside elements.
All work completed under this program is subject to a one (1) year warranty by the contractor with the exception of roof replacement and air conditioning systems which have specified warranties.
Eligible items include:
- Roof, soffit, fascia repair, replacement
- Doors and windows
- Exterior Paint (Unincorporate Broward County Only)
- Water/Sewer Connection
- Central air conditioning and heat
A program that is designed to preserve the affordable housing stock of Broward County for single family home owners who need assistance in the form of a deferred payment loan to pay defaulted mortgages where the home owner is in default at least thirty (30) days. The property must be owner occupied, and the home and homeowner must meet program qualifications and guidelines. Program is administered by:
Broward County Housing Authority
4780 North State Road 7
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319
954-497-4583 (Voice mailbox for housing counseling)
For more detailed information about foreclosure proceedings and processes, please visit the links below. To further define your search, you may type foreclosure in the keyword search boxes on the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Internal Revenue Service sites.
Tips to Avoid Foreclosure:
- Contact your mortgage lender and discuss options
- Open and respond to all mail from your lender
- Contact a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Approved Housing Counseling Agency (click here)
- Consult a debt management credit counseling agency
- Create a personal budget
- Create a list of all of your financial resources
- Consider ways to increase your income and reduce your expenses
- Save as much money as possible to keep out of debt
Tips to Avoid Foreclosure Scams: