Barrier Free/Special Needs Housing
No funding at this time; this program has been suspended indefinitely.
This program provides eligible elderly (62 years or older) and/or disabled Broward County residents with a deferred payment loan for housing modifications and barrier removal to:
- Improve elderly and disabled accessibility
- Provide for health and safety repairs allowing these residents to maintain their independence. Health and safety repairs may include repairs unrelated to accessibility and barrier removal.
Residents living in Margate, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Sunrise, Coral Springs, Davie and Tamarac should contact their cities directly to register for the Barrier Free/Special Needs Housing Program.
- Coral Springs - Community Development 954-344-1114
- Margate - Community Redevelopment Agency 954-935-5323 or 954-972-6454
- Miramar – Housing Rehabilitation 954- 431-7866
- Pembroke Pines – Community Redevelopment Agency 954-431-7866
- Plantation – Community Redevelopment Agency 954-431-7866
- Sunrise – Planning & Development Department 954-746-3282
- Tamarac – Community Development 954-597-3538
- Town of Davie – Community Development 954-797-1857