SUMMARY : Under general supervision, performs a variety of park maintenance and/or program implementation activities at assigned facility or facilities.
· Maintains a variety of park/landscape areas in order to ensure that grounds and landscape areas are presentable, clean, and safe.
· Cleans offices, break rooms, restrooms, recreation centers/halls, pavilions, tables/chairs, and related facilities in order to provide a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for work/recreation.
· Performs a variety of facility maintenance work in order to ensure a clean, safe, sanitary environment for the public and County employees.
· Interacts with the public and/or other County employees in order to give directions/information, explain work activities/procedures, identify their service needs, and/or resolve day-to-day operational issues.
· Inspects park facilities, including play areas, buildings, parking areas, etc. in order to ensure a safe work/recreation environment for employees and the public.
· Sets up/takes down temporary facilities for meetings and special activities/events in order to provide a safe, comfortable location for special events/activities.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of techniques for performing a variety of general facilities maintenance work.
· Knowledge of general landscape maintenance procedures and techniques.
· Ability to read, understand, and follow instruction and/or guidelines associated with a variety of general landscape/building maintenance work.
· Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 35 lbs. without assistance.
· Ability to perform a variety of routine landscape/building maintenance work.
· Ability to learn to perform a variety of work activities associated with general landscape/building maintenance work.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and/or climb to complete assigned work activities.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County = s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies .
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of established safety procedures for operating a variety of general building maintenance tools and equipment.
· Knowledge of established safety procedures for operating a variety of landscape maintenance related equipment.
· Ability to operate a variety of tools/equipment associated with performing a variety of general maintenance work.
· Ability to complete a variety of forms, log sheets, and reports.
· Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work activities.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE : Successful completion of job related tests. One (1) year full time landscape and/or facilities maintenance work desired.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a valid Florida driver = s license.
Bargaining Unit: Blue Collar
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 09/1982 R 05/2012