SUMMARY : Under general supervision, performs a variety of custodial and related maintenance duties in an assigned agency.
· Cleans offices, break rooms, restrooms, halls, stairways, and similar areas in order to provide a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for the public and other staff.
· Performs a variety of light maintenance activities in order to maintain a safe, clean work environment, facilitate ongoing operations, and maintain day-to-day services.
· Maintains inventory of a variety of cleaning products and supplies.
· Prepares rooms for a variety of meetings, events, and related uses.
· Maintains grounds and landscape areas.
· May perform a variety of security related duties in accordance with established security procedures.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions/guidelines associated with cleaning/custodial work.
· Ability to learn to perform a variety of work activities associated with cleaning and light maintenance.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and/or climb to complete assigned work activities.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB : (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of a variety of products, tools, and equipment used for a variety of cleaning/custodial operations.
· Knowledge of established safety procedures for using a variety of products, tools, and equipment used for a variety of cleaning/custodial operations.
· Knowledge of basic buildings and grounds maintenance procedures.
· Knowledge of established customer service policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of safety procedures for handling/cleaning up a variety of hazardous materials.
· Ability to operate a variety of tools/equipment associated with cleaning/custodial work.
· Ability to perform a variety of routine building and grounds maintenance work.
· Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work activities.
· Ability to complete a variety of forms, including log sheets, reports, and work orders.
· Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Ability to explain work policies/procedures to less experienced employees.
· Ability to demonstrate equipment operation and/or work procedures to less experienced employees.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of job related tests. One (1) year experience in custodial or related maintenance work desired.
Bargaining Unit: Blue Collar
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 10/1976 R 04/2012