NATURE OF WORK
This is management and supervisory work in a large diversified commodity warehouse.
Work involves responsibility for managing a large warehouse with a complex inventory of diverse commodities. Work requires the use of initiative and judgment in cooperating with various departments to provide supplies and materials. Supervision is exercised over a staff of supervisors, storekeepers, and clerical personnel. This class is distinguished from Stores Supervisor by assignment to a large central warehouse. Supervision is received from an administrative superior who reviews work for conformity with county policies and for efficient operation of the facility.
· Coordinates requisitioning of supplies and materials with the central purchasing agency; advises on commodity specifications, bid quotations, vendor selection, and billing transactions.
· Plans, assigns, and supervises all employees engaged in the operation of a large diversified commodity warehouse.
· Develops methods and procedures for requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing, and recording stock items; implements and evaluates procedures.
· Contacts vendors on certain items to discuss delivery, shortages, and improper orders and charges.
· Supervises the maintenance of perpetual inventory records; checks for uniformity and accuracy of postings; initiates orders when necessary.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
· Considerable knowledge of warehouse inventory practices and procedures.
· Considerable knowledge of inventory record keeping practices.
· Considerable knowledge of the commodity grouping assigned.
· Considerable knowledge of centralized purchasing procedures used by a large governmental institution.
· Considerable knowledge of computerized inventory control systems and computer keyboard operations.
· Knowledge of the necessary preparation for delegated purchases and the back up files required.
· Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of subordinates.
· Ability to prepare, complete and audit Price Agreement Documents and place orders with vendors.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty's Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Associate Degree from an accredited college; four (4) years experience in warehouse and store-keeping work including two (2) years experience in the supervisory aspects of the work; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: Government Supervisors Association - (Professional Unit)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E10/76 R7/06