SUMMARY: This is paraprofessional administrative and field work in investigative services for the County Risk Management Division.
- Performs criminal background checks for county and non-county agencies to enable Divisions to make informed hiring decisions. Uses multiple, specialized search databases and interprets and shares results with the County Human Resources Division or other agencies. Enters results and assures quality and consistency in the Section’s internal databases.
- Audits driving records on a monthly basis to verify current drivers’ license status of authorized drivers for BrowardCounty employees and other outside agencies as required.
- Investigates losses as required; may investigate sites, interview affected person(s) and make recommendations for corrective actions. May also prepare written reports of investigations and verify that corrective actions have been taken.
- Provides quality assurance oversight for reports and billing. Review and verify billings from third party occupational medical provider to determine that applicants/employees have received the appropriate and specified exams and that the prices are correct.
- Uses the Section’s internal database to create monthly reports for Division management of upcoming medical requirements for their employees.
- Coordinates receipt of results received from FDLE and the Department of Children and Families on all childcare providers and employees screened through the County’s Child Care Licensing & Enforcement Section (CCLES). Reconcile mismatches; update both the CCLES application and the Section’s internal database and email criminal records list to the CCLES liaison.
- Processes results from the County’s and Mass Transit Accident Review Committee as required and alert Divisions to the recommended disciplinary actions.
- Attends and participates in meetings, training/workshops as appropriate.
- Performs related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance principles and ability to apply those to specific areas as required.
- Ability to conduct a loss investigation, including information gathering and analysis, interviews, report writing and follow-up.
- Ability to read, interpret and reconcile invoices as well as a variety of industry-specific data sources.
- Ability to keep confidential, personal and business information obtained during the course of work, except where required by law or overriding health/safety considerations.
- Ability to use internet and other resources to obtain useful information in support of investigative services/loss control initiatives.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB : (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be required in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire .)
- Considerable knowledge of multiple external and internal computer applications regarding drivers and criminal backgrounds.
- Familiarization with F.S. Chapters 393-397, 402, 409, 435 and 959 regarding child care licensing and criminal background investigations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Graduation from high school with some college courses ; four (4) years experience interpreting and disseminating court documentation and arrest records.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Work Location: Risk Management
Class Spec Established: E 10/2003