SUMMARY : Under close to general supervision, performs a variety of recreation program implementation activities and/or park maintenance at assigned location.
· Instructs patrons in a variety of sports/recreation activities, and/or equipment use in order to facilitate patron participation, ensure safety, and maximize patron enjoyment of the activities/events/programs.
· Cleans offices, break rooms, restrooms, recreation centers/halls, pavilions, tables/chairs, and related facilities in order to provide a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for work and recreation.
· Resolves a variety of day-to-day problems/issues from the public in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of park operation and/or service provided.
· Coaches/leads a variety of sports development/recreation oriented programs and/or activities in order to provide an opportunity for community involvement, provide a variety of recreation activities for community members, provide an opportunity to develop/improve skills in a variety of sports/recreation activities, and/or promote communication/community relations.
· Interacts with the public and/or other County employees in order to give directions/information, explain work activities/procedures, identify their service needs, and/or resolve day-to-day operational issues.
· Sets up/takes down temporary facilities for meetings and special activities/events in order to provide a safe and comfortable location for special events/activities.
· Performs a variety of facility maintenance work in order to ensure a clean, safe, sanitary environment for the public and County employees.
· Performs a variety of office related activities in order to schedule facility use, collects fees, prepares/submits reports, and/or registers participants.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE:
(Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of general sports/recreation program/activities procedures and practices.
· Knowledge of the general rules governing a variety of sports.
· Knowledge of established customer service policies and procedures.
· Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions/guidelines associated with a variety of sports/recreation activities.
· Ability to organize and coordinate a variety of sports/recreation activities.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Ability to work effectively in high stress situations.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to explain rules, policies, and procedures for a variety of sports/recreation activities to patrons.
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and/or climb to complete assigned work activities.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County ’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB:
(The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of general first aid/CPR practices and techniques.
· Ability to learn to perform a variety of work activities.
· Ability to work outdoors in a variety of temperature/weather conditions.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of job related tests. One (1) year full time sports/leisure program implementation or closely related work desired.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 05/1982 R 05/2012