SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs highly responsible supervisory and technical duties in planning and implementing diverse aspects of property management for an assigned County facility or facilities.
· Performs diverse aspects of property management for an assigned facility or facilities including daily building operations, customer requests, maintenance, and custodial needs .
· Supervises subordinate personnel in scheduling and coordination of property management and maintenance activities.
· Serves as lead contact between Facilities Management Division and customer agencies.
· Identifies and responds to issues regarding day to day operations and strategic needs of buildings managed and customer business requirements.
· Administers terms of vendor contracts for landscaping, janitorial, pest control, security, and related services.
· Assist in the preparation of operating and capital budgets.
· Prepares reports, purchase requisitions, and related documents.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected possess the required Knowledge’s, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of current practices and principles of facilities management and operations.
· Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of supervision and organization.
· Knowledge of basic building and grounds maintenance practices and procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to develop, plan and implement diverse facilities management programs and activities.
· Ability to operate a personal computer and related business software applications.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County = s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies .
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Ability to negotiate service agreements and contracts.
· Ability to develop, administer and analyze customer satisfaction surveys.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school supplemented by college level course work in public administration, business administration, planning, engineering, or related field: five (5) years experience in facilities management, including supervisory and administrative experience; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: Government Supervisor’s Association (GSA)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Class Spec: Established: 01/1991 Revised: 08/2004