Human Resources Division
115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 508
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
|UTILITIES FISCAL MANAGER |
This is responsible administrative and supervisory work in managing the functions of the Finance and Administrative Services section of the Office of Environmental Services.
Work involves administering and implementing systems and procedures for customer service, data processing, purchasing, and other administrative activities. Employee in this class develops and implements operational and administrative studies and performance measures to assure efficient resource utilization. Position incumbent performs as team leader on various high level projects to technical and administrative employees in the operational activities of the section. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment within established guidelines. Work is reviewed by an administrative superior through conferences, reports, and evaluation of results obtained.
Work involves development of procurement solicitation documents, and/or initiating or coordinating, monitoring and/or evaluating all activities of a contract, grant and/or lease project which has operational responsibility of a limited scope and/or provides a supplementary county service
- Maintains an assignment of a limited number of contracts for administration, monitoring and/or evaluation activities.
- Maintains contract related data in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Initiates and/or coordinates and manages all activities of a contract, grant and/or lease project which has operational responsibility of limited scope, a small-sized budget, and which may provide a supplemental county service.
- Assumes project responsibility for administering, monitoring and/or evaluating the activities and operations of a contract, grant and/or lease project.
- Provides staff assistance to an administrative superior, division or department head in specially assigned areas of operation; assists and advises on matters pertaining to contract, grant and/or lease project assigned.
- Provides administrative liaison among various county operational and administrative functions related to an assigned contract grant and/or lease; interprets and explains policy regulations and operating procedures.
- Performs analysis of grants, contracts, and/or leases; prepares statistical reports, project reports, monitoring/ evaluation reports and related data using computer software applications.
- Manages and directs the administrative section, including customer service, purchasing, personnel, and other record keeping activities; directs and administers all data processing activities.
- Recommends and implements long range operational systems and procedures; develops and implements work measurements, technical studies, and performance measures.
- Plans and assigns the work of team members on various projects.
- Monitors section activities to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Develops capital and operating budgetary requirements and monitoring procedures.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of utility financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic data processing applications as used in utility financial operations.
- Thorough knowledge of internal auditing principles, practices, and procedures of utility financial management.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulatory requirements pertaining to utility administrative operations.
- Some knowledge of the standard practices in the fields of local government or public procurement, budgeting and accounting.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the work of co-workers as required by work assignments.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPRERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in Business or Public Administration, Computer Science, or related field; six (6) years experience in administrative and supervisory work in a utility environment; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: Unrepresented
FLSA Status: Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab ./Revised: E1/91 R03/05