NATURE OF WORK
This is complex and varied secretarial and administrative work in the performance of secretarial duties for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project Administrator.
Work involves providing secretarial and administrative tasks requiring frequent and extensive utilization of high level secretarial skills. Work includes performing and coordinating varied and complex business operations functions of the ERP Project. Work requires the exercise of considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in handling delegated administrative details, and the performance of assigned duties. Instructions are received from an administrative superior on new assignments and policy matters, and advice and assistance are normally available. Work is subject to review upon completion for adherence to established policies, procedures, and results obtained.
· Acts as secretarial assistant to the ERP Administrator and facilitates the accomplishment of work through providing, obtaining and coordinating a variety of services.
· Relieves the administrative superior of routine administrative details, such as requisitioning or ordering supplies and equipment; checking reports for accuracy and conformance to policies and standards; assisting in preparing agendas for meetings and conferences.
· Makes appointments and maintains calendars for the administrator, consultant project managers and project teams.
· Makes and/or coordinates travel arrangements and arranges teleconferences.
· Acts as receptionist and answers requests for non-technical information.
· Creates a variety of project work products which may vary by subject matter to include information technology, financial, legal and other technical or specialized terminology; proofreads typewritten material for accuracy.
· Attends project meetings as required; distributes agendas; transcribes meeting work products (usually from flip charts) and distributes.
· Performs support functions for Selection Committee meetings for ERP Project procurements.
· Assembles and summarizes material from files; cross references data and locates information requested by general instructions from the supervisor.
· Composes correspondence or selects appropriate form letter reply.
· Maintains project records and documentation which may involve assembling information from other county agencies. Reviews the status of accounts and records, and assists in preparing reports.
· Assists agency team members by relaying instructions, advising on county or project policies and requesting information needed by supervisor.
· Types various activity reports, requisitions, work orders, budget transfers, personnel forms and similar documents using word processing on a personal computer or electric typewriter.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures including correspondence preparation, filing systems, office machine operation, business English and commercial arithmetic.
Considerable knowledge of the clerical procedures applicable to the organizational activity to which assigned.
Knowledge of the organizational structure of county government.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to operate a personal computer at an accurate and rapid rate of speed
Ability to search for and compile data from files and other sources applicable to topic of concern.
Ability to make clerical and minor administrative decisions in accordance with office procedures, ordinances and departmental rules.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, county officials, and the general public.
Skill in the use of a personal computer using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2007.
Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County's Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Successful completion of job related tests. Four (4) years experience in secretarial and clerical work desired.
Bargaining Unit: None
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E 10/2008 R04/2012