VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATION
GREATER FORT LAUDERDALE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU (GFLCVB)
Salary Range - $73,734 - $120,924 per year (DOQ)
Broward County’s Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a proven professional in the tourism Communications and Marketing industry to advance GFLCVB’s mission through strategic advertising, branding campaigns, public relations, and targeted destination marketing. This highly visible position requires the ideal candidate to possess a high degree of motivation, professionalism, integrity and excellent communication skills.
The next Vice President of Communication will be responsible for creating and implementing the annual marketing plan, comprehensive Marketing and Communications plans and facilitating the overall strategic and creative direction for Marketing Communications working in collaboration with the GFLCVB President and other Bureau executives.
This outstanding position provides a challenging opportunity to:
· Develop and implement marketing programs to include: advertising; online marketing; public relations; research; direct mail; publications; promotions and collateral materials; and web site development.
· Oversee collateral production.
· Prepare marketing and communication programs.
· Incorporate social media and other emerging trends in the Bureau's marketing and communication strategies.
· Develop and maintain the department’s budget, making adjustments, and recommendations as necessary to operate within the approved budget.
· Keep senior level staff informed about opportunities, potential issues and status of marketing and communication activities.
· Work in collaboration with the Bureau’s ad agency on: identifying and maintaining sales resources; conducting presentations, developing collateral advertising and trade show displays; managing and implementation the annual media plan and co-op plan.
· Work in collaboration with the Bureau’s public relations firm and web design firm
· Prepare talking points, speeches and presentations.
· Review market research, data and information on critical trends and market conditions to support the Bureau’s initiatives, marketing strategies and tactics
· Oversee all CVB communication materials.
· Establish and maintain strong relations with Visit Florida and Florida Superior Small Lodging Associations.
· Coordinate the electronic marketing efforts of the CVB.
· Conduct presentations to the Tourist Development Council and the Marketing Advisory Committee.
Required Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in marketing, business administration, or related field; four (4) years experience in leisure marketing and leisure travel sales force management; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Candidates with extensive experience in tourism marketing are preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience, and is accompanied by an attractive benefits package, including participation in the Florida Retirement System.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this outstanding opportunity, please send a resume to: Staffing Manager, Broward County Human Resources Division, 115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 508, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301, or e-mail to Careers_exec@broward.org. Phone: 954-357-6020. Candidates will be considered on a first come first serve basis with a first review date of February 14, 2014.
Please be aware that the Florida Sunshine Law requires that resumes or related information be subject to disclosure.
BROWARD COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER OF SERVICES