Homeless Initiative Partnership Section
Homeless Initiative Partnership Section (HIP) is the designated Lead Agency for the Broward County Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC) Board as well as the CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). HIP serves as staff to the CoC Board, the County’s focal point for planning and coordinating services homeless families and individuals.
HIP provides support to the Homeless Providers and Stakeholders Council and is responsible for carrying out the CoC Board’s responsibilities designated as the Local Coalition by the State of Florida.
What We Do
As the Lead Agency for the CoC Board, HIP will:
- Form policies, programs, and procedures related to homeless services
- Administer multi-million-dollar homeless programs funded by Broward County, State, and Federal Government
- Collaborate with other service providers to maintain a countywide Continuum of Care of homeless services
Solving Homelessness in Our Community
HIP maintains its efforts to lessen the impact of homelessness in our community, and to one day achieve its eradication. This will be done through:
- Researching and incorporating appropriate best practices models to improve service delivery;
- Expanding supportive housing capacity for the mentally ill, those in recovery, and others with disabilities;
- Developing and implementing strategies to better deal with institutional discharge and access to mainstream resources;
- Expanding and enhancing mentoring opportunities for homeless persons; and
- Researching methods to expand the stock of affordable housing in Broward County.