The Broward County Health Services HIV Planning Council (HIVPC) is the Broward County Advisory Board responsible for setting the service priorities and determines how to distribute the Ryan White Part A funds for the Broward County area based on the needs of people living with or affected by HIV, with particular focus on individuals who know their HIV status but are not in care. The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program then funds organizations in the community to provide services based on the plans developed by the Planning Council.
The Planning Council membership reflects the local epidemic, 33% of members are consumers of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program services.
Benefits of joining the HIVPC
Benefits to You:
• Learn more about HIV/AIDS issues, services, and ways to access these services.
• Network with a committed, diverse group of community members.
• Become a role model and leader in the community.
• Have a say about which HIV/AIDS services are funded.
• Make a difference in the community.
Benefits to Your Community:
• Ensure that HIV/AIDS services are responsive to your community's needs.
• Ensure that consumers have access to high quality services.
• Help the voices of others in your community be heard.
To learn more about the HIVPC and how to join contact:
HIV Planning Council Manager
Phone: 954-561-9681 Ext. 1295