NewHart and Hart & Home are HUD funded Supportive Housing Program is designed to encourage chronically homeless persons with substance abuse issues or co-occurring mental health issues to actively engage in the transition from homelessness to living as independently as possible.
About the Program:
Clients share an apartment with another program participant, each paying 30 percent of their income toward their half of the rent, with subsidy from the HUD grant if necessary. Each participant receives intensive case management and assistance in developing skills including:
- Household management
- Job maintenance
- Substance abuse recovery management
- Mental health preservation
Participants learn the value of personal responsibility with the ultimate goal of independent housing and self-sufficiency.
- Chronically homeless in Broward County
- Have substance abuse issues in combination with mental health issues
- Show ability to obtain stable employment