Broward County Governmental Center
115 South Andrews Avenue, #427/426
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
The Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and Professional Standards consolidates the former Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs and the former Office of Equal Opportunity, and will focus on four major areas: Human Rights, Government Relations, Grants Coordination, and Professional Standards, including internal investigations and equal opportunity claims. Specifically, the new office will:
- provide continuing service to the public seeking redress of violations of Broward County's Human Rights Act and federal Civil Rights laws
- develop and coordinate federal and state legislative advocacy strategies and programs
- foster relations with municipalities and other governmental entities
- administer the Board's lobbyist ordinance and board appointments by the County Commission
- manage the County's grants program, including economic stimulus grants, helping ensure that appropriate grant opportunities are identified, and that quality grant applications are developed and reporting requirements are adhered to
- conduct internal investigations, such as equal opportunity, sexual harassment, discrimination, and the Whistleblower program (for Broward County employees)
- oversee Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- provide staff support for three Commission appointed Boards:
Complete Application Form by July 15, 2016.
See Press Release for more details.
Strategic Business Plan: FY 2013-2017 (PDF)
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®