Employment / Housing / Public Accommodation Discrimination
You should file a complaint if...
- You believe you have been discriminated against in employment, housing, and/or public accommodation
- The discriminatory act took place in Broward County
- The alleged violation occurred within the past 365 days (1 year)
- You believe you have been deprived of equal employment opportunity
- You feel you are receiving lower wages than a co-worker for equal or comparable work
- You feel you are being treated differently with regards to terms and conditions of employment
- You feel the employer is adversely affecting your status in other ways
- You were refused hire when you are qualified for a job opening yet the employer continues to seek applicants
- You were refused an application, but the employer accepted others.
To file a complaint, contact:
Broward County Human Rights Section
115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 427
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301-1883
Or please contact Broward County Human Rights by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intake Section and Forms
Contacting the Intake Section of the Division is the first step to filing a charge complaint of discrimination. You will be given intake questionnaires. After you have completed the requested documentation, you will be interviewed to determine if you are within the law's jurisdiction.