The Broward County Grants Coordination Office was created within the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and Professional Standards in order to centralize the identification, development, review, approval, and tracking of all grants resulting from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
This responsibility was subsequently expanded to include the coordination of all grants awarded to Broward County Government. Specific tasks include:
- Identify and disseminate funding opportunities to County departments and offices.
- Foster collaboration and coordinate the development of inter-departmental grant proposals.
- Provide technical support, proposal review, and/or writing assistance in order to develop competitive applications.
- Serve as liaison between the funding agency, County department that receives the grant funds, and support services in order to ensure post-award compliance.
- Share ideas and expertise with County personnel through grants-related meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a database of all submitted proposals and awarded grants.
MISSION: To promote Broward County’s goals through the pursuit, acquisition, and efficient management of grant funds from federal, state, or private sources.