Broward County’s 2020 Clean Air Calendar will celebrate 50 years of the Clean Air Act. The Clean Air Act was signed in 1970 to create laws that would make our air healthier and cleaner to breathe. Other environmental successes that year include the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the first Earth Day celebration.
Broward County students are invited to participate in the 2020 Clean Air Calendar Poster Contest by creating a poster of how they enjoy clean air and/or how the clean Clean Air Act has impacted our air quality. The poster can depict one scene or be divided up into a “comic strip” if desired.
- Entries must be received by the Broward County Environmental Engineering and Permitting Division, Air Monitoring and Outreach Section by close of business February 28, 2019.
- Posters may be sent via School Board Pony to: Attn: Air Monitoring and Outreach, c/o Rebecca Malones, Applied Learning Department @ KC Wright Building, 12th Floor, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for other options.
- Please do not fold posters. Entries must be mailed flat and must not be folded, matted or mounted.
- Poster size: no larger than 12 inches X 18 inches. Smaller sizes are acceptable as well.
- Poster orientation: LANDSCAPE. If submittal is not in the right orientation it will be disqualified.
- On a separate sheet of paper the following must be included and attached to the poster: student’s name, school, grade level, teacher’s name and e-mail address, a paragraph explaining your environmental theme , why you picked that theme and why you think it is an important environmental issue. The paragraph must be a maximum of 75 words.
- Only original work will be considered (no magazine cutouts).
- Contest is free and open to all students from Broward County Elementary, Middle and High Schools.
Effectiveness & Relevance to theme (75%): Does the poster effectively illustrate and have a written description relevant to the theme? Does the poster clearly express an environmental message?
Creativity & Neatness (25%): Does the student use creative forms of expression? Is the poster neat and easily understood? How much time and effort does the poster exhibit?
Winning entries will be featured in the 2020 Clean Air Calendar. The participating school of the Grand Prize winner (cover) will be awarded a plaque for display at the school. Posters submitted for the contest may be used for educational purposes and will become the property of Broward County.
- Separate sheet of paper attached to the back of the poster with student name, school, grade, teacher's name and email address, and paragraph explaining theme
- Poster MUST be landscape, if not, they will be disqualified
- Poster must be flat and not folded (NO glue and NO glitter)
- Poster no larger than 12 inches by 18 inches (use a ruler to check the size)
- Submit a Parental Release Form along with your artwork
Contact 954-519-1483 or e-mail: email@example.com for any questions or comments.