A local bill is any bill which relates to a specific geographical area, e.g., county, city, or special taxing district, as opposed to a general bill, which affects the entire State of Florida. Once the Delegation votes on the bills in Broward the Sponsors for each Local Bill will be championing the Bill in the Legislative process in Tallahassee.
View more information on How a Bill becomes law here.
The following is a list of Local Bills that have been Approved by the Delegation at our Public Hearing on October 18, 2017 and have been filed in the Florida House of Representatives for the 2018 Session:
- City of Hollywood- Narrow State Waterways and Anchoring Limitation: HB-1001 (Rep. Geller)
- Ft. Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority- Expanding DDA Boundaries: HB-541 (Rep. DuBose)
- Ft. Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority- Streamline Charter and Include non-owner Occupied Residential Properties: HB-805 (Rep. DuBose)
- Coral Springs Improvement District- Elections Administered by SOE: HB-897 (Rep. Jacobs)
- North Springs Improvement District- Elections Administered by SOE: HB-895 (Rep. Jacobs)
- Sunshine Water Control District- Elections Administered by SOE: HB-893 (Rep. Jacobs)
- Pinetree Water Control District- Elections Administered by SOE: HB-899 (Rep. Jacobs)
- Broward County Hospital District Study Group: HB-999 (Rep. Geller)
And Voluntary Annexation in Dania Beach (Approved 10/18/2017)
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®