I am pleased to present the 2015-2016 Annual Report of the Delegation for use by the residents and governmental officials in Broward County.
This report includes cont act information for the members of the Broward Delegation. This includes their district and Tallahassee addresses, phone numbers, legislative committee assignments and staff. Information regarding specific legislation sponsored by the members can be found at: myfloridahouse.gov and flsenate.gov.
Some of the Highlights for the 2016-2017 Budget for Broward County were:
- $3.8 Million in Water Project Infrastructure Funding
- $25 Million from Department of Transportation
- $81 Million for Everglades Restoration
- $742,737 for Beach Renourishment
- $38 Million in funding for Broward Voluntary pre-K
Some of the Important issues of the 2016 Legislative Session were bringing health care to an additional 17,000 legally residing immigrant children now eligible for coverage in the KidCare program and the removal of people from Persons of Disabilities (APD) waiting list.