Who Is Your Hero?
Deadline: Tuesday, January 15th
Broward County Library invites 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade students to write about any hero. Tell us about your favorite heroes from your point of view (someone famous or someone you know).
- First place: One winner will have his/her likeness drawn as a character in one of Brad Meltzer’s upcoming books and will be our Kid of Honor at a special event with Brad Meltzer at Southwest Regional Library on January 26, 2019 at 2PM.
- Second & third place: Each winner will receive free books and other incentives.
Who can enter?
Broward County students in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade (Broward County homeschoolers are included)
How to enter?
- READ: About heroes when they were kids. Read one of Brad Meltzer’s “I AM” books from his Ordinary People Change the World series.
- WRITE: 50–150 words about your hero. (You may type or handwrite legibly). You may also send your story and entry form in an email.
- COMPLETE: Official Entry Form (which can be picked up at any Broward County Library branch) & attach it to your story. Please note that no entries will be returned.
- SUBMIT TO: Any Broward County Library or email to: YSA_CE@broward.org. Include child’s name and age as well as parent contact information.
- DATE DUE: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Tips for Success!
- Be creative and original. Judges will base entries on creativity, originality and relevance.
- Brad Meltzer will choose the winning entry from the selected finalists.
- The winning writer will be awarded at a Special Awards Ceremony on Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 2:00 pm Southwest Regional Library, 16835 Sheridan Street, Pembroke Pines, FL 33331, 954-357-6580
- Limitations/Disqualification: In the event that Broward County Library is unable to contact the winner before the award ceremony, another winner will be determined from remaining finalists. Broward County Library is not responsible for any incomplete entry forms or hard to read forms.
By participating, all participants and winners grant Broward County Library exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.