The mission of Broward County Trauma Services is to assure that quality, comprehensive, countywide trauma medical care and patient transportation are provided to residents and visitors in Broward County. That's a big job. The Trauma Services staff works with hospitals as well as local, state and federal agencies to provide coordination, monitoring and/or management of the trauma system, This includes:
For emergency and non-emergency transport providers, the staff also monitors, license and/or regulates:
- system-wide quality assurance programs
- Broward County Trauma Plan maintenance
- pre-hospital trauma care
- assistance with hospital trauma center certification
- air transportation of patients
- trauma triage and transport protocols
- gathering and reporting of trauma date
- basic life support (BLS) and advanced life support (ALS)
- non-emergency medical transportation
- transport vehicle inspections
Trauma Services staff manages Broward County's Emergency Medical Services Award monies. This grant program provides funding for pilot and innovative projects to improve and enhance pre-hospital care. The agency provides staff support to the 47-member Broward Regional Emergency Medical Services Council and its 13 committees.
Broward County Trauma Services staff is dedicated to assuring people in Broward County of quality trauma medical care.