Owners of private property in the Broward Municipal Services District also known as unincorporated areas of Broward County must follow the Florida Power and Light’s Right Tree, Right Place
Guidelines to prune or plant trees. Broward County passed Ordinance 2018-22
to prevent power outages caused by trees interfering with powerlines effective May 8th.
Here’s What You Need to Know:
- Only persons with proper licenses should attempt pruning around powerlines.
- Applications to request reimbursement assistance are available for private residential-property owners.
- Starting May 9, 2019, property owners may receive a Notice of Violation for all tree maintenance and planting that is not consistent with the Guidelines.
- Civil penalties range from $150 to $500.
Register to attend a workshop at one of the following locations from 10AM to 1PM:
- August 4th at Delevoe Park, 2841 NW 11th Street. Register!
- August 18th at Sunview Park, 1520 SW 42nd Avenue. Register!
- September 22nd at Roosevelt Gardens Park, 2841 NW 11th Street. Register!
A certified arborist and FPL representative will be at workshops on August 18th and September 22nd.