Wellness comes in many shapes and forms; being physically and emotionally healthy are only two of the components essential to the total wellbeing of each person. Financial soundness and security can provide peace of mind and reduce stress in everyday life. If you are concerned or worried about how to meet your financial obligations it can affect your health physically and emotionally.
There are many tools available to help you manage your financial wellness: Direct Deposit allowed to multiple accounts, City County Credit Union membership, Savings Bonds, Deferred Compensation, etc.
Florida Retirement System – FRS
The County’s retirement plan is through the Florida Retirement System (FRS). The FRS give free retirement planning for all active FRS Members. You can speak with an unbiased Ernst & Young financial planner for help in choosing your FRS retirement plan, for help in using MyFRS.com, and for help with personal financial planning. You can also get detailed information about the Pension Plan, Investment Plan and more.
- Call the toll-free MyFRS Financial Guidance line: 1-866-446-9377 (TRS 711)
- Log on to the FRS web site: myfrs.com
Saving for your future can be as easy as setting up a payroll deduction of $25 a paycheck into a Deferred Compensation Account. Deferred compensation reduces your taxable income as it is deducted on a pre-tax basis and earnings accumulate on a tax deferred basis. The County offers a varied selection of investment choices through three deferred compensation vendors:
Contact Payroll at email@example.com or 954-357-7190 to request an enrollment packet.
Transition into Medicare
45 minute educational class presented by Bert Vallery of Vallery Insurance will give a complete explanation of the transition into Medicare:
- How each segment of Medicare (A, B, C & D) works and their costs
- Medigap choices (Medicare Advantages vs. Medicare Supplements)
- A review of Medicare Part D Rx
Presentations to be given at the following locations and times:
2300 W. Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Tuesday August 20, 2013:
- Government Center West, Hearing Room at 9:00am
- 1 N. University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
- Traffic Engineering, Training Room 2nd Floor at 1:00pm
Wednesday August 21, 2013:
- Water & Wastewater Services, Building 2 Training Room at 9:00am
- 2555 W. Copans Road, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
- Governmental Center, Room 302 at 1:00pm
- 115 S. Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301