Are you wondering ‘which event could I do next to stay active, and earn Vitality points?’ No need to worry! Listed below are some 5k’s for the remaining months of 2014 that you may be interested in. There is no fundraising required and the registrations range from $15 to $30. Some registration fees have a deadline before they increase.
Who can you count on to help motivate you? Candace Running! She thought it would be fun to do the Tunnel to Towers 5k on September 13th and the Holiday Fantasy of Lights 5k on November 15th as a team! If you are interested, please contact Candace at CRunning@broward.org.
- Sunday, April 27th - Pillbox Pharmacy 5k – Pembroke Pines - $15 registration (Benefits Charter schools)
Natural Resources Planning and Management Division is putting together a Women’s Division Team for the Island City Canoe Race. Do you know any strong female canoeists in the County? Or maybe you would like to join the team! This is the 4th year they have participated in this event, and it is a lot of fun. For more information, please contact Katie at email@example.com.
JUNE (This for anyone who’s looking to do a 5k in June – they’re rare)
- Saturday, June 14th – 2nd Annual Triumph 5k – Vista View Park, Davie (benefits domestic violence against women & children)
- Saturday, Sept. 13th - Tunnel to Towers 5k – Downtown Ft. Lauderdale - $25 registration until 9/7 (Commemorates September 11th)
- Sunday, Sept. 21st - Optime 5k – Sunrise (Markham Park) - $25 registration (Benefits Young at Art museum)
- Sunday, Oct. 19th - Sebastian’s 5K - Wellington, Palm Beach - $25 registration (Benefits kid’s cancer foundation, horse country scenery. There’s also a half marathon available).
- Saturday, Dec. 20th - Jingle Bell Jog 5k – Sunrise Tech Park – registration not open yet.