When is the anticipated move of employees when the building is completed in 2015?
The building’s construction is scheduled to be complete in the summer of 2015. Construction issues might slightly delay the building’s readiness to accept occupants. The process of moving in will begin as soon as the County receives the building’s Certificate of Occupancy and establishes that the building is complete and ready for building users to move in.
Who will move personal belongings and equipment (fridge, microwave)? What about the “sensitive” documents that I’m responsible for?
Movers will be provided for non-personal items such as equipment. Moving personal items will be the responsibility of the individual employee. Items which require a secure chain of custody during the move will be inventoried and security for those items provided. QUESTION: We these be moved by movers?
Which divisions/agencies will be in the new building?
The 20-story building is comprised of judicial, administrative, service and detention spaces organized as follows:
- 1st floor: Clerk of Courts (COC) Traffic, COC Parking, BSO Security Response Team, (Facilities Maintenance Division (FMD) Building Maintenance
- 2nd Floor: COC Misdemeanor, COC Domestic Violence, Court Administration Child Waiting Room, BSO Detention Areas
- 3rd Floor: COC Probate/Mental Health, COC County Civil, 3 Probate Hearing Rooms, 5 Judges’ Offices.
- 4th Floor: COC Circuit Civil Family, COC Evidence, COC Appeals, First Appearance Courtroom, Domestic Violence Courtroom.
- 5th Floor: COC Juvenile, 6 Criminal Courtrooms, 6 Judges’ Offices, 5 Jury Deliberation Rooms
- 6th Floor: 6 Criminal Courtrooms, 6 Judges’ Offices, 5 Jury Deliberation Rooms
- 7th Floor: State Attorney
- 8th Floor: State Attorney
- 9th Floor: 3 Juvenile Delinquency Courtrooms, 3 Juvenile Dependency Courtrooms, 9 Judges’ Offices
- 10th Floor: ETS/SA/COC/JIS Server Rooms, 2 Juvenile Delinquency Courtrooms, 2 Juvenile Dependency Courtrooms, 1 Criminal Courtroom, 1 Grand Jury Room, 4 Judges’ Offices, 1 Jury Deliberation Room
- 11th Floor: 10 Domestic Relation Hearing Rooms, 11 Judges’ Offices
- 12th Floor: 12 Magistrate Hearing Rooms, 11 Judges’ Offices
- 13th Floor: State Attorney IT Department, State Attorney Training, 6 County Civil Hearing Rooms, 6 Judges’ Offices
- 14th Floor: 1 County Civil Courtroom, 5 Circuit Civil Courtroom, 6 Judges’ Offices, 5 Jury Deliberation Rooms
- 15th Floor: 6 Circuit Civil Courtroom, 6 Judges’ Offices, 5 Jury Deliberation Rooms
- 16th Floor: 6 Circuit Civil Courtroom, 6 Judges’ Offices, 5 Jury Deliberation Rooms
- 17th Floor: Shell Space for future expansion
- 18th Floor: COC Technology, COC Human Resources, COC Finance, COC Executive Office
- 19th Floor: Court Administration
- 20th Floor: Court Administration
When will we know where our offices will be in the new building?
The detailed space planning for the new building, including the assignment of individual office spaces, is being finalized and will be shared in the near future.