Broward County Parks and Recreation Division
Student-Seasonal Lifeguard Careers
Student-Seasonal Lifeguard Salary: $10.57/hour
Applicants selected for these positions will be required to furnish front and back copies of:
1. CPR certification (adult, child, and infant).
2. First aid certification.
3. Certification by an International Lifeguard Training Program instructor by a nationally recognized organization approved by Broward County.
4. Valid Florida driver's license.
5. Original Social Security card.
6. Proof of student status.
The above items must be submitted with the application.
Applicants will also be required to:
• Successfully complete a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
• Undergo a criminal background investigation.
Applicants MUST be able to swim. The County may train applicants who do not already have a Jeff Ellis and Associates Lifeguard license prior to employment in this job class. Such individuals will be required to remit payment to the County for expenses for this training.
County employees who are working as lifeguards and have a "satisfactory" performance rating do not have to re-take the performance test for promotion within the job class series, demotion, or transfer within the County.
How To Apply: Print and complete the application (PDF) and EEO Form (PDF), include front and back copies of the required certifications, and drop off or mail to the following locations:
- Paradise Cove Water Park
C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028 - 954-357-5179
- Tropical Splash Water Park
Central Broward Regional Park, 3700 N.W. 11th Place
Lauderhill, FL 33311 - 954-357-7088
- Splash Adventure Water Park
Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 - 954-357-5109
- Castaway Island Water Park
T.Y. Park, 3300 N. Park Rd.
Hollywood, FL 33021 - 954-357-8760
There will also be an Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification Class offered at the Plantation Aquatics Center, March 15-17. For information or to register, call C.B. Smith Park at 954-357-5179, Central Broward Regional Park at 954-357-7088, or T.Y. Park at 954-357-8811.
Required plug-in: Adobe® Reader®