Salute the Troops Veterans Camping Specials


Celebrate veterans all November with these camping specials.

Not only will county parks (except Deerfield Island Park) remain open this Veterans Day, our parks with campgrounds will also offer camping specials. The specials apply for all active-duty and honorably discharged veterans of the U.S. armed forces, National Guard, and reserve units.

Written documentation will be required to establish eligibility, along with current personal identification.* Rates are for up to four campers, with additional per-camper fees applying (up to six campers total). Pet registration fees also apply.

 Salute the Troops artwork

The monthlong specials start at Easterlin Park in Oakland Park and Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach on Tuesday, November 1, and run through Wednesday, November 30, 2016.

The Family Fun Package is good for a two-night stay (Friday and Saturday) for up to four campers for $50 per site; two more campers can be added at $3 each per night. The Escape Special is good for up to four campers for one or more nights (Sunday through Thursday) for $25 per site per night; two more campers can be added at $3 each per night.

Reserve Online button 

The fee at both parks also includes 50 percent off attractions at Quiet Waters Park, including  boat rentals at Lakeview Marina, 20 percent off cable passes and group lessons (excludes season passes) at Ski Rixen USA cable water-skiing, 20 percent off bike rentals at Bike America, and 10 percent off Bike America merchandise, excluding food (good at the Quiet Waters Park Bike America location only).


Quiet Waters Park
401 S. Powerline Rd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Easterlin Park
1000 N.W. 38th St.
Oakland Park, FL 33309




*Satisfactory documentation to confirm eligibility includes:

  • Current military identification card showing the bearer as active-duty, reserve, or retired member of a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • Most recent DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, showing the named individual's Character of Service as Honorable; or other current official documentation from the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Veterans' Affairs, or an appropriate branch of one of those agencies, naming the bearer as active-duty, reserve, veteran, or retired member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • AND personal identification such as a driver's license.