Not only will County parks (except Deerfield Island Park) remain open this Veterans Day, our parks with campgrounds will also offer camping specials. The specials apply for all active-duty and honorably discharged veterans of the U.S. armed forces, National Guard, and reserve units.
Written documentation will be required to establish eligibility, along with current personal identification.* Rates are for up to four campers, with additional per-camper fees applying (up to six campers total). Pet registration fees also apply.
At C.B. Smith, Markham, and T.Y., veterans can get 25 percent off their total stay (maximum of three nights), from check-in on Friday, November 11, through checkout on Monday, November 14, 2016.
Two specials at Easterlin and Quiet Waters run from Tuesday, November 1, through Wednesday, November 30, 2016:
- Family Fun Package - good for a two-night stay (Friday and Saturday) for up to four campers for $50 per site; two more campers can be added at $3 each per night
- Escape Special - good for up to four campers for one or more nights (Sunday through Thursday) for $25 per site per night; two more campers can be added at $3 each per night
The fees at both parks also include discounts on attractions at Quiet Waters: 20 percent off cable water-skiing passes and group lessons (excluding season passes) at Ski Rixen USA; 20 percent off bike rentals at Bike America; and 10 percent off Bike America merchandise (excluding food), good at the Quiet Waters Bike America location only.
*Satisfactory documentation to confirm eligibility for all specials includes:
- Current military identification card showing the bearer as active-duty, reserve, or retired member of a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Most recent DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, showing the named individual's Character of Service as Honorable; or other current official documentation from the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Veterans' Affairs, or an appropriate branch of one of those agencies, naming the bearer as active-duty, reserve, veteran, or retired member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- AND personal identification such as a driver's license.