As a reminder to our guests, the front gate and park close at 6 p.m. during the fall and winter and at 7:30 p.m. during the spring and summer. All campers are restricted to the campground until 8 a.m. (except for travel to and from the front gate via the roadway). The exit gate will be locked between park closing and 6 a.m. and checked at the top of each hour. On Fridays, Saturdays, and holidays the exit gate will be locked from park closing to 8 a.m. and checked at the top of each hour.
Park is staffed 24 hours. Please call 954-270-1506 if a problem arises.
The park’s regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect for nonregistered campers. Registered campers receive free park entrance on weekends and holidays. For more information, call the park office at 954-357-5100, or e-mail QuietWatersPark@broward.org.
There are three restroom and shower facilities in the campground. Campers can purchase ice and firewood (based on availability) at the park office.
The following partial list of park rules, regulations, and information is provided to help ensure that your visit with us is as enjoyable and as safe as possible.
1. Platform tents and tepees are $35 a night (up to four campers). Additional persons (up to six campers total) pay $3 per individual per night. Children 5 years and under stay free of charge. Platform tents include 10’ x 10’ tent, grill, picnic table, water, fire ring, and electricity.
2. A security deposit of $50 (cash or credit card only) per site is due at check-in.
3. Check-in time is from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Checkout is by 1 p.m. on the scheduled date of departure.
4. Registrant must be at least 18 years old. A driver’s license is required as proof of identification.
5. Only one vehicle is allowed per site. Additional vehicles must be parked in designated areas.
6. Camping reservations must paid in full and in advance. No refunds or rain checks. Contact the park for details. All sites are on a first-come, first-served basis.
7. Launching of watercraft from the campgrounds is prohibited.
8. The maximum length of stay is 14 consecutive days.
9. Campsites do not accommodate recreational vehicles (RVs).
10. Sleeping out in the open or in cars is prohibited.
11. Do not adjust or tamper with the rope used to secure your tent/tepee. Do not use any nails or screws in the tent/tepee.
12. Campsites must be kept in a clean and orderly fashion at all times.
13. For your safety, do not feed wild or domestic animals.
14. Children under 18 years of age are the responsibility of the registrant and must be supervised at all times by an adult.
15. No swimming or wading is permitted in the lake or any other body of water within or around the park (except at Splash Adventure, which is open seasonally).
16. Fireworks, explosives, and weapons other than firearms may not be brought into or discharged in parks. Park visitors with valid concealed weapons permits may bring their firearms into the parks subject to Florida Statutes 790.053, 790.06, and 790.33.
17. Vehicles are allowed only on authorized roads and parking areas. All State of Florida traffic and vehicular laws will be enforced. Maximum speed limits are posted.
18. No more than two domestic animals are permitted per site. Pets are not allowed in boats or lake waters. All pets must be kept under immediate control of owners at all times and on leashes not to exceed six feet in length. Campers are expected to clean up after their pets and register them at the park office, including a $1-per-pet registration fee. Proof of rabies vaccination and license is required.
19. Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Excessive noise and sound-amplifying equipment, loudspeakers, and other such devices that produce excessive noise are prohibited. Extension cords running from the restrooms are prohibited.
20. Drinking or bringing alcoholic beverages, excluding beer and wine, in the park is prohibited. Please refrain from bringing kegs into the park. Glass containers and bottles are prohibited.
21. Guests of registered campers are required to pay the park entrance fee when applicable and will observe regular park user hours. Visitors desiring to remain after park closes, however, may register with the appropriate park staff on duty and remain in the park, although no later than 11 p.m.
22. Storing combustibles, burning candles, etc., in tents/tepees is prohibited.
23. Fires may be built within the metal fire ring and in designated areas only. Do not break tree branches or damage park shrubbery for fire fuel. Please extinguish fires before departing the vicinity.
24. The Broward County Parks and Recreation Division is not responsible for any loss by fire, theft, or accident. We strongly suggest you secure all valuables when leaving your campsite.
25. No additional tents are permitted without prior approval from the park manager.
26. This park employs a lightning prediction system, which will sound a 15-second horn blast, accompanied by a flashing strobe, alerting you that a storm is imminent. Once the alarm has sounded and strobes remain flashing, outdoor activity is to be suspended and you should seek shelter immediately, either in a large building or a vehicle (not a convertible). You may resume outdoor activity only after you hear three five-second horn blasts indicating that the storm has moved out of the area. IF YOU REMAIN OUTDOORS AFTER A WARNING ALARM IS ISSUED, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Broward County provides and maintains this park for your use and enjoyment. Please respect all park facilities, wildlife, and plant life. Removal and plants or animals is prohibited.
Any person violating the existing rules and regulations or, in the opinion of park official, constitution a public nuisance or potential hazard to public or private property, or exhibiting disorderly conduct, shall be served notice by the park official and expelled, without refund of fees, from park property. Such violations are also subject to prosecution in accordance with Broward County Code, Chapter 25 1/2.
Please pitch in and help us keep our water and park litter-free by using the trash cans and recycling bins provided throughout the park.