All new and renewing vendors are required to pay a $150 vendor fee with the submittal of their new permit application, updated criminal background screening affidavit, and certificate of insurance. (Note: The Vendor Permit application is available in either a Word or a fillable PDF format. If you use the Word file, you may get a pop-up box asking for credentials. Just press cancel.) Please make checks payable to Broward County Parks and Recreation Division.
If a party or other special event is planned at a park or park shelter, patrons may choose their own caterers and vendors as long as the vendors have completed the application process and paid the vendor fee to become an approved vendor.
"Approved vendor" means a business has provided an application and a current certificate of insurance; paid a fee; and completed a criminal background affidavit (see below). "Approved" does not mean that we recommend one vendor over another. If you have a caterer or business that is preferred, and they are not on the approved list, have them contact our Parks Safety Section (see contact information at the bottom of the page).
Vendor Permit Application (writable PDF; rev. 01/16)
Vendor Criminal Background Screening Affidavit
Approved Vendor List
Certificate Requirements for All Vendors
- If you are unable to register by downloading the application, please call 954-357-8100 or email ParksSafety@Broward.org. Walk-in vendor registration is NOT accepted without an appointment.
- Certificate must be signed by insurance company's authorized representative.
- Broward County, c/o Parks and Recreation Division, 950 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park, FL 33309, must be listed as certificate holder.
- Certificate holder (Broward County, c/o Parks and Recreation Division) must be named as additional insured.
- Please include a brief description of business operations. Include business contact name and phone number on certificate. Fax certificates to 954-357-8156 and then mail the original to Broward County Parks and Recreation Division, 950 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park, FL 33309. Attention: Safety Section.
- $500,000 minimum general liability insurance is required, except where noted below.
- All vendors must provide their own generators.
$500,000 minimum liability insurance is required (must include products liability). Additional $500,000 liability insurance must be in effect for beer and wine. No liquor is to be served in any Broward County park at any time.
Bounce House and Moon Walk Operations
$500,000 minimum liability is required. In addition, attendants must be at least 16 years old and must be present at all times when the bounce house or moon walk is operating. Inflatable waterslides and dunk tanks are not allowed.
Deejays, Clowns, Magicians, Florists, Photographers, and Characters
$300,000 minimum liability is required.
$500,000 minimum liability is required; products liability is not required.
Trackless trains; water apparatus (dunk tanks, slip-and-slides, and inflatable waterslides); non-kiddie rides; super amusement rides; mechanical bulls; privately owned amusement apparatus and/or mechanical and non-mechanical amusement rides; and trampolines and bungee-type apparatus are NOT permitted in the parks.
Wall or Rock Climbing
$500,000 minimum general liability insurance is required; products liability is not required. In addition, an adult must be in attendance at all times that the wall or rock climbing is operating. Attendant must be at least 16 years old.
For additional information, call Parks and Recreation Safety Section at 954-357-8100. Fax certificates to 954-357-8156, or email ParksSafety@Broward.org.
Required plug-ins: Adobe® Reader® | Microsoft Office Reader®