Filing a General Consumer Complaint

We accept written complaints from consumers regarding alleged unfair and deceptive trade practices of businesses, including contractors you have hired, which are primarily located in Broward County. If you believe you have been a victim of an unfair and/or deceptive trade practice, call 954-357-5350 or send us an e-mail. You may also submit a General Complaint Form or for Contractor and Tree Trimmer Complaints a Contractor Complaint Form.

When filing a complaint, please explain your problem simply and concisely. Be sure to include copies of all documents related to your complaint, including but not limited to:

  • Receipts
  • Contracts
    Proof of payment
    Advertisements and correspondence

Remember: send only copies – keep your originals!

If we are unable to handle your complaint and we know of another enforcement agency which may be able to assist you, we will provide referral information to you. If you have a question about a consumer issue other than a complaint, we will provide information and share any available resources with you.

Consumer Resources

Broward County Consumer Protection Code
Consumer Complaint Forms
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Federal Trade Commission
Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR)
Florida Division of Consumer Services