How to Submit a Work Request
All printing work requests should be submitted through the Print Shop Work Order System. Contact the Print Shop at 954-357-7120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to create an account and password on the Print Shop Work Order System. Municipalities and other government agencies should contact the Print Shop directly to arrange for billing services.
As part of the process to set up an account, you will have to complete a Print Shop Work Order Authorization Request form. It is available on-line. Broward County government agencies should visit the BC-Net, click on “Forms,” scroll down to Office of Public Communications, and click on “Print Shop Work Order Authorization Request.”
To view the Work Order System instruction manual, click here -- (DOC 10.9 MB)
To access the Quote/Print Request Form, click here -- (PDF)
Completion times vary based on the complexity of the work requested.
Tips on Preparing Materials for Copy Center
- For faster service, send copy-ready originals or digital files, preferably in high-resolution PDF format. If you are unable to provide a PDF, contact our office as we may be able to convert the file for you. Modifications to the file can be made for an additional fee.
- Black and white originals should be on white paper. Originals on color paper, particularly dark colors such as red, gold, blue and green, are difficult (and sometime impossible) to reproduce.
- Frayed or bent edges can cause originals to misfeed as they pass through the copier’s automatic document handler. “Copy-ready” pages may be substituted for originals.
- There must be a minimum of 3/8” margin at the top and bottom and ¼” margin on each side of the page. Print that extends beyond these margins may not be copied or printed. Originals may need to be reduced in order to fit the image on the paper. This may delay the production of your job.
Tips on Preparing Materials for Printing Press
- An original sample is requested for previously printed materials.
- Camera-ready artwork is required. Contact the Office of Public Communications at 357-6990 or by e-mail at email@example.com if you need assistance with creating original artwork.
- Numbered materials require a sample or a mockup to show the position of the numbering.